Popular Posts

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Reproduction and Restoration

We talked earlier about photo restoration for your weathered images and watching the transformation from damaged to restored.  Another transformation that is even more impressive is reproduction images. 

I was approached a couple years ago by a businessman who, while sitting at the bank one afternoon, noticed an old photograph of the town he grew up in.  This photo was taken years before I was even born, some time in the 1950's.  He was able to hunt down and order a copy of this photo but wanted,  for his office, another of the town but from how it looks today. 

This was an exciting project for me!  Trying to find the exact location that the original was shot from was some what of a challenge.  It took me two trips to scout spots before I finally found it.  My husband and I had to take our truck out and up a huge hill, apple orchard on one side and a cliff on the other!  There was even a point that I had to get out of the truck because we were sliding and it freaked me out! But we made it to the top, hiked along a canal for about half a mile and we were there. 

The beauty of the town was stunning from this angle but I wasn't as impressed until I saw the 1950's image next to my images.  How this town had grown! 

Check out the then and now photos for Cashmere, WA. 



 
The above photo was taken thru the glass frame that the original was in for reference.  Unfortunately, I do not know the name of the photographer of the original to give him credit. 
 
< >

No comments:

Post a Comment